We can design anything that you can imagine…and we can even help with the imagining…
Kulija people have been designing kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, shops and offices for many years and can bring those years of experience to your project. We also bring some pretty cool technology which allows us to plan and visualise the proposed project in all its photo-realistic 3D glory, right down to the pots and pans in the kitchen or the clothes hanging in the wardrobe!
Trends and technologies
Chances are that you don’t design a new kitchen or build a new entertainment unit in the lounge every day, so you have ideas about what you want, from magazines, TV renovation shows(!), friends’ houses…but it would still be good to have someone who does this every day to challenge those ideas, add some new ones, and bring an understanding of the latest trends and technologies that can add that extra touch of style or that extra element of functionality. For example, LED lighting is changing the way we can think about how to light rooms and spaces (and not just the cost of doing so!)
We at Kulija are passionate about what we do and we are always researching new ideas and trying out new things.
At Kulija, we think that creating a brilliant new kitchen is a special project; interesting, challenging, even fun…but definitely requiring a well-proven expert approach and methodology.
The Kulija 10-Step Process
- Firstly, we agree the basic layout of the kitchen. Will it be a galley, an island, or a bench layout?
- Then we work on getting the cabinetry and appliances in the right location, blending aesthetics with functionality to achieve the best outcome.
- Then we can talk about doors and panels. Should the material be solid wood, laminate (wait til you see our range of textured laminates!), vinyl wrap, two-pack. Shall we include some glass doors? What colours (from our infinitely large range!) shall we use? Do we want plain doors, hidden (shadowline) handles, french provincial mouldings…
- Moving on to countertops. Solid stone? Formed stone (e.g. Ceasarstone)…or there is that amazing range of laminates!
- Let’s talk splashbacks! A great way to get some strong colour into the design…and we have some clever things we can do with glass!
- Accessories can be a very long discussion. From door handles to drawer linings, hinges and runners, concealed rubbish bins, clever corner shelves. Its a long list, but what a difference to the final result.
- Lighting is an area where things are changing quickly with the new possibilities presented by today’s LED lighting options. Functional lighting can illuminate work surfaces and the inside of cupboards and pantries, whilst mood and architectural lighting can add to the ambience and drama of the kitchen.
- Of course, a kitchen is not a kitchen without the right appliances, so lets talk about ovens and cooktops, fridges and dishwashers…but also about where the microwave goes…and what about a built-in coffee machine.
- Kitchen floors need to be durable and functional, but the choice of flooring (tiles? wooden?) can definitely impact the finished effect
- Finally, lets talk about the walls (if we have any left after dealing with cabinets and splash backs!). Some feature tiles perhaps? A wall painted with a bold contrasting colour?
3D Visualisation Tools
Our consultants work with you to conceive and develop the best design and then bring it to life using our specialised 3D, photo-realistic design software so you can see the finished design before we even start the manufacturing process. Our software can even produce the engineering drawings and the machine instructions for our factory.